After Effects April 2018 update
Adobe has released a new version of After Effects, adding several new features including:
- Master Properties that enables users to control selected parameters of layers inside a nested composition from within the main timeline. To access a property it is added to the new Essential Graphics Panel.
- Advanced puppet tool, that adds smoother deformation and new features to the original version including
- The ability to preview VR compositions in HTC Vive, Windows Mixed Reality, Oculus Rift and others.
- Improved output quality for the VR Plane to sphere effect.
- A property link pick whip for wiring together parameters. An expression to link together properties is created automatically.
- The ability to open a motion graphics template as a project.
- Improvements to Data Driven animations including support for CSV and TSV.
- A new GPU accelerated Video Limited effect that restricts the signal to a broadcast legal range.
- The ability to install custom LUT files for the Lumetric effect.
- Several other improvements to performance and format support.
After Effects is available as part of Creative Cloud rental. Find out more about the release on Adobe’s help pages.