Appleseed for 3DS Max 0.5 beta released
A new beta for 3DS Max has been released of the open source renderer aimed at animation and VFX. New features include:
- Support for active shade rendering, updated on viewport and camera changes.
- Exposed Appleseed’s OSL shaders, including appleseed Standard Surface.
- Added support for Render Elements.
- Added support for true object instancing.
- Added support for Output Amount, Invert, Clamp, RGB Level and RGB Offset parameters in bitmap’s Output rollout and Output map.
- Amount adjustment now works for both Bump and Normal maps.
- 3ds Max’s default lights are now taken into account when rendering material slots.
- Added support for Substance textures in Use Max Procedural Maps mode.
- Added SSS Set ID to appleseed Object Properties modifier.
- The default number of bounces is now 3.
- Improved user interface layout of materials.
- Right-clicking on spinners now resets them to their default values.
- The Log window is now larger by default.
Appleseed plugins are also available for Maya and Blender. The latest max version is built against the appleseed 1.9.0-beta. For more information and to download the Max version visit GitHub, to find out more about the project you can visit the appleseed website.