Software used: 3DS Max
I’m actually making a plugin (texture map) that does this for you, so stay tuned!
Uhm yes please! keep us updated!
That would be really great! So Neil and I will stop glorifying InstantUV after so many years
A bit more info:
- it will be free (i’m doing it as a learning excersise as much as anything).
- it will have a map and mask slot, where the mask with blend in overlay mode with the gradients.
- blend angle min, max.
- toggle for projection directions – xyz, corners, edges (chamfer a box to see what im talking about.
- a variation of the standard coordinates rollout, but restricted to explicit uvw’s and object space. If you choose explicit, it assumes its a planar projection otherwise it might look nuts.
- a future feature may be a modifier to do the projections as its a bit faster than doing it per-pixel in a map.
- I will probably release the source but only when I’m happy with it.
ETA will be at the end of this weekend unless something comes up, and initial release will be max2013 64bit only.
Way cool, just in case – here is the bible about the blended box technique: http://www.neilblevins.com/cg_education/blended_box_mapping/blended_box_mapping.htm
Good luck with the release, I’m looking forward!
Hi George, any news about your plugin? Hope you still plan to release it…
See All Events | Add Your Event