Corona 1.7 released
Oct 24, 2017 by CGPress Staff
Render Legion has released Corona 1.7 for 3DS Max, promising speed improvements of over 100% thanks to the integration of V-Ray’s DMC sampler, and up to 600% speed boosts for scenes with many lights due to a new adaptive direct light sampling option. Other optimisations bring an overall speed improvement of up to 5%, adaptivity recomputation is faster by a factor of 2 to 3 and render elements require 25% to 75% less memory. In addition to these optimisations, new features include:
- A new material library and browser containing over 300 common materials.
- Support for most major hair and fur rendering tools.
- Dedicated shaders for Skin and Hair.
- Support for subsurface scattering in the standard Corona material.
- Dispersion to give extra realism to gemstones, glass and liquids.
- A dedicated Corona Camera object.