Corona 2 Release Candidate now available for testing
Render Legion has announced a Release Candidate of Corona 2, available to all users with an active license. Some of the new features include:
- Heterogeneous media support (new 3D mode for CoronaVolume material; Phoenix FD, FumeFX support; CoronaVolumeGrid for OpenVDB support)
- Render VRayMtl and VRayLight without conversion (even if V-Ray is not installed!)
- Corona Official Toolbar added
- Around 150 new materials in the Material Library, including hair; where appropriate, materials now use Real World Scale or CoronaTriplanar mapping
- Improved Denoising of Bump maps (they will not lose as much detail)
- Center Bias and Vignetting added for CoronaCamera Bokeh effects
- IR no longer starts with full render resolution when first run.
- Memory improvements – Decreased memory consumption of all scenes by 5-15%; Motion Blur requires significantly less memory; and more
- Rendering speedups – Significantly faster rendering of Shadow Catcher in “For Compositing” mode; parsing of Motion Blur is now faster
- MANY bug fixes, UI improvements, and general improvements!
Find out more and download from the Corona blog.