Forest Pack Pro 4 is out
- Added native support for more render engines: VRayRT, Maxwell, Arion, Octane and Thea Render.
- Forest Color and other tint modes are not supported on the new engines.
- Render software should be upgraded to the latest version.
- Support for these engines is experimental.
- Added 3D models of grass, flowers and stones.
- Added Ready-to-use Presets. Some of them include two versions: detail (for small areas), and large (using clumps, optimized for large areas).
- Added support for models organized in separate meshes or groups. Forest attachs all elements in a single mesh when importing.
- Commonly used options have been moved to the main window: Material handling, Merge/XRef, etc.
- Added render engine selector for libraries that support multiple materials.
- Classic 2D Library is not installed by default. It is available from the installer as “Legacy Library”.
- Support for groups in Custom Objects.
- This mode is useful to scatter groups of plants, preserving their composition. For example, sets of flowers or grass.
- It works nicely used together Distribution->Diversity->Clusters.
- Elements of a group are handled as individual items once scattered, both for the boundary checking and surface placement. This also has a great impact on the number of items generated, be care when scattering groups with many objects.
- Don’t use groups for objects that must be handled an unique object (for example a tree). In this case, use a single mesh as before.
- Groups must be assigned using the name selector. Max doesn’t support “pick” groups from the scene.
- Added compatibility with Laubwerk Plants.
- Added multi-select support. Now it is possible to edit or delete multiple items at once.
- Added lock aspect ratio button to Geometry->Width/Height.
- Geometry->Material is not longer a required parameter. If not defined, the material of the Custom Object is used.
- Forest automaterials are generated using random names, to avoid duplicates.
- Optimize Material works on the custom object material if Geometry List->Material is not defined.
- Points-cloud now uses a simulated shading mode, to improve 3D look. Use the slider to define the shading factor.
- Added global and local density parameters for Points-cloud.
- Nested Forest objects (as clumps of grass) don’t require to set anymore Render->Meshes mode (VRay and Mental Ray only)
- Custom Look-at targets, independent from the Camera.
- Added Density/Scale falloff curves by Slope.
- Added three creation modes: selection, random and sequence. These modes also works with the Creation Tools.
- Added separate model selector for “Add Items”.
- Added Properties->SubItem. Defines the subitem index when the item belongs to a Group.
- Transform->Store Values and Re-Seed are moved to Tree Editor->Properties. Re-Seed now works only over the selected items.
Source: Itoo Software