Golaem 6 released
Jun 28, 2017 by Paul Roberts
Golaem has released version 6 of its crowd simulation tool for Maya, with several new tools to give artists greater access to the nuts and bolts of the simulation engine. Significant new features include:
- Character Perception – The ability to customise the way in which characters are aware of one another.
- Channel Operators – Character’s behaviour can be customised using low level building blocks called Channel Operators. Around 100 channels (e.g position, speed, distance to target…) can be used to feed a graph of operators, outputting a new character speed and orientation or controlling its animation.
- Transitions between motions can now be precisely controlled using customisable transitions.
- Emit/Kill behaviours – Characters (or other agents) can now be emitted from a Golaem Placement Tool or relatively to another character.
- Traffic Behaviours – A new traffic tool allows users to quickly add traffic. The road network can be drawn from Maya curves and Golaem will automatically create lanes and traffic lights.