Mari 2.0 is out
Mar 14, 2013 by Staff
New features in The Foundry’s 3D texture painting software include:
- Every channel is now a full, non-destructive, layer stack.
- Shaders now use layered channels to control every aspect of the surface look including diffuse, displacement and specularity.
- Procedural layers – a procedural engine is built into the heart of the layer stack, offering fluid, GPU-accelerated real-time procedural noises, patterns, projections and more. Procedural layers mean artists can easily create the look they want, seamlessly blending procedural and painted detail with the same toolkit.
- Mask groups – each layer’s mask is a full layer stack in its own right. Artists can use blending, groups, adjustments and procedurals in their masks for a much more flexible, and non-destructive, workflow.
- Shared layers – a shared layer is one that appears multiple times in the same stack, or is shared between stacks, and is automatically and instantly updated wherever it is used.
- Streamlined layer view – with grouping, tagging and filtering options, the layer view in MARI 2.0 means even highly complex stacks are easy to navigate and control.
- Fully updated .PSD support.