Miarmy 6.2 released
New features in Basefount Technology’s crowd simulation software for Maya include:
- Grouping and editing tools for refining caches after simulation including support for layer cache and the ability for the agents to be able to adapt to terrain.
- A new flocking system that enables agents to mimic the orientation of nearby agents.
- A new auto fight system to simulate two armies charging, meeting, aiming and attacking.
- The ability to define randomised target points distributed inside geometry. Useful to sculpt the shape of agent flocks.
- Updated Action Proxy tool that can now check the action and refine transitions more easily.
- A new QT based transition map and brain view
- Support for Redshift
- The ability to use logic to control how action agents will select to transition to the next action in transition map along with an exit trigger.
- The ability to preview randomised geometry and colours on display geometry.
Plus other improvements and bug fixes. More on Basefount Technology’s website.