Omnitiles standalone released
VizPark has released a standalone version of Omnitiles, its texture creation tool – formerly only available as a 3DS Max map – that creates patterns by randomising textures within patterns created using a visual editor. Main features include:
- A pattern editor together and multi-texture for drawing shapes to create seamless tileable textures.
- Realtime previews.
- Includes 80 preset patterns and 25 sets of textures.
- The ability to render textures directly to Photoshop or save them as JPG, BMP, PNG, EXR, TIF and PSD files for use with compatible 2D and 3D applications.
- An edge map feature to render edge gradients along the edge of each shape that can be used to create a height channel, displacement, bump or other useful maps like masks to further change gaps between shapes.
- The ability to batch import textures and assign them to the correct channel.
Omnitiles licensing is revenue based, starting with Individual licenses that cost €9.90 for monthly rental, €79 for annual rental or €149 for a perpetual license, though there’s currently a 50% discount. Find out more on VizPark’s website.