SmartRefs released for 3DS Max
Nov 15, 2017 by CGPress Staff
SingularByte has announced the release of SmartRefs, a new external referencing plugin for 3DS Max promising significant improvements over Max’s native XRef tools. SmartRefs allow the user to:
- Modify referenced objects in the master scene, even animate them.
- Update changes made to the referenced files. Local modifications are retained.
- Reference and animate a rigged character, including those created with Biped or CAT, in the master scene.
- Modify, add or delete animation controllers, modifiers, and materials int he master scene.
- Have a reference scene just for materials and use them in any number of scenes.
- Modify hierarchies in the master scene and referenced files, the changes will be updated in the master scenes. Useful for making modifications to rigged characters.
- Have proxies of whole referenced scenes.
- Only store modified data in the master scene, keeping files as small as possible.Alternatively referenced objects can be saved in the master scene, making it easier to share a files. When the referenced files are available they can be updated in the master scene automatically.
- Nest references as much as is required.
- Work with most of the popular plugins and tools.
- Work with Design Connected’s Connecter App.
- Plus much more.