V-Ray Next preview and beta announced
Dec 14, 2017 by CGPress Staff
Previews of the what’s to come for Chaos Group’s popular renderer V-Ray and a new beta has been announced. Codenamed V-Ray Next, new features outlined so far include:
- V-Ray GPU has faster, cleaner lighting and now supports environment fog and VRscans.
- A new adaptive dome light for faster, cleaner image-based lighting, removing the need for skylight portals.
- Auto exposure and auto white balance adds automatic scene analysis to determines correct exposure and white balance for your image.
- The V-Ray Physical Camera makes a comeback and has been updated with a simpler UI and support for the new auto exposure and white balance settings.
- A new more realistic VRayHairMtl2 hair shader has been added with melanin color controls, better highlights and more natural light distribution.
- A new switch material to change between several materials applied to any object, useful for rendering material options, adding random variations or creating render passes.
- The ability to load any texture or material that’s available in V-Ray Standalone and render it in V-Ray for 3DS Max using the new V-RayPluginTex or VRayPluginMtl.
- The ability to denoise elements, not just the beauty pass.
- A new V-Ray SDK that takes advantage of modern hardware, including optimised vector calculations using SSE 4.2 and customized Intel® Embree ray tracing library 2.13.