VECmap tools released
Feb 07, 2018 by CGPress Staff
Clovis Gay has released a new tool for 3DS Max that allows users to paint a vector map directly onto a mesh. There are several options for using the maps to drive particles, deform UVs and meshes, and control the initial and bend direction of V-Ray fur, but many other uses are certainly possible. The full feature list includes:
- The ability to paint on meshes.
- Shortcuts to change brush size using the CTRL+SHIFT keys, delete using the ALT Key and draw straight lines using the SHIFT key.
- The ability to change brush opacity.
- The ability to change brush blur.
- The ability to paint vectors in the direction of your Brush Stroke.
- Attract / repulse options.
- Support for Undo, Redo and Reset options.
- The ability to set map resolution.
- The ability to save and load a map.
- 2 new data presets to read vector maps.
- The ability to set Speed from a vector map.
- Stick on surface.
- The ability to change Speed of the particles along the map.
- The ability to control particle rotation using the vectors.
- A new modifier to simulate UV’s deformations using vector maps or simulate mesh deformations.