Reporting to the Production Director
Responsible for the editing process on all assigned projects. Working with the production team with direction from project CD to achieve the creative vision of the project. To work with the In-house Editor to follow existing and suggest new standards for the Edit production process.
- Working with CD on projects for the Edit to be true to creative vision, understanding and forecasting edit time required.
- Responsible for the editing process across assigned projects from the beginning and meeting the editing standards. Helping to set up files and ingesting for handing over to the CD, other editors, or continue editing based on availability
- Conforming the edit for production requirements across different teams
- Complete ownership of editing on assigned projects.
- Collaborating closely with other teams for assets that impact the Edit for deliveries.
- Working closely with producers and production operations to help estimate time for tasks, changes from clients and preparing files for grade
- Suggesting any available online plugins and assets that can be added to the library
- DIT on shoots where required
- Confident and friendly
- Sets standards of behaviour and acts as a role model
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Strong attention to detail, high quality standards
- Enthusiastic about learning and sharing with team-mates
- Have a progressive approach to editing. A desire to work on edits which break the conventional 16:9 standard – e.g. multiscreen, immersive, VR.
- Demonstrable experience (3+ years) within a post-production or Creative Content agency environment
- Good knowledge of editing software packages, codecs and edit workflow from ingest to grade
- Experience performing the DIT role on small to midsize shoots
- Creative eye for editing
- Flexible, can-do attitude. Adapts well to changing priorities. Extremely organised. Equally passionate about editing in a technically clear and efficient way, as well as delivering creatively-sound projects.
- Understanding of the architecture and/or cultural market in the UK and internationally.
Salary up to £33,000 per annum.
09.30 – 18.00 Mon – Friday with 1 hour for lunch
Please send your CV and salary expectations to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org