We actively encourage our readers to contribute to CGPress and help maintain an independent corner of the internet by and for CG professionals and enthusiasts. We aim to create a community that is inclusive, safe, supportive and known for intelligent debate. To help keep us on track we ask that contributors consider the following community guidelines
- Please keep comments on-topic and relevant. Any comments that stray too far from the original news posts will be removed, as will any comment that attempts to deliberately derail the conversation.
- Even a CG news site can cause strong feelings, after all, many of us have grown up using the software and changes can have a significant impact on our working life. That said, extremely offensive or threatening behaviour won’t be tolerated. Please respect other people’s views.
- Do not start or participate in flame-wars based on ingrained partisanship or generalisations. We don’t want to stop our readers from debating topics enthusiastically, but we ask that you find ways of sharing your views that are respectful to others. Please, no more one-line “Switch to xxx software” posts, unless they contribute intelligently to the debate.
- Zero tolerance on sexism, racism, homophobia or any other type of hate speech.
- We do not want to curtail disagreement and dissent, but we will moderate any personal attacks against the site or other commenters. Trolling with no contribution to the debate simply to cause arguments will not be tolerated.
- Content that may cause us legal issues will be removed. This includes but is not limited to defamatory or libellous comments, copyrighted material, or links to download copyrighted materials and cracks. We will also remove comments that encourage illegal activity, for example, the promotion of using cracked software.
- Please don’t use the comment section to market products. Any information about new releases or other commercial activities that you think might interest our readership can be submitted to the editor using the Contribute News form.
- Be safe. We wouldn’t recommend divulging personal details in the comment section that could lead to reputational, personal or financial harm.
- Please feel free to Contact Us if you spot a comment that you feel is inappropriate.