Blender 2.74 is out
Apr 01, 2015 by CGP Staff
The Blender Foundation has released the latest version of its open source 3D software. New features include:
- The Cycles renderer got several noise, speed and memory improvements. New Pointiness attribute for the Geometry node allows to control texture space of one object by another.
- The viewport can now display Ambient Occlusion and Depth of Field.
- Ability to transfer data layers between meshes using a new Mesh Data Transfer operator and modifier. Support for custom normals.
- Significant improvements to hair dynamics and editing tools. Support for hair collision with meshes. Simulation now happens using volumetric calculations, yielding more realistic results.
- Improvements to the Grease Pencil tool.
Source: Sami Sorjonen