D5 Render 1.6 released
Dimension 5 has announced a new version of D5 Render, marking the commercial release of its recently announced realtime engine that combines ray-tracing and rasterisation techniques. As a real-time application, as you would imagine D5 Render requires an RTX ray tracing compatible card. An NVidia GeForce RTX 2060 or Quadro RTX series is recommended with a minimum requirement of a GTX 1060 6GB. The engine is standalone, with exporters available for Sketchip and 3ds Max with Rhino, Revit, and Cinema 4D in the pipeline.
Some of the new features since we last reported include:
- An included library of assets including ground materials, plants, stones, people, vehicles and more. Users who buy the commercial version will get access to a larger library.
- New Imported models management tray
- New model reloading and replacing(sync file)
- D5 Passport login Optimizations
- Improved the performance of vegetation brush
- Enhanced volumetric light effects
- Simplified material templates
- Improvements to GI, memory usage, speed and more.
- Keyframable animation in the standalone application.
- The ability to output stitched panoramas
- Brush and Eraser tools
- Camera clipping
- LUT support for colour grading
A free community version of the software is available which include many features of the commercial product. A paid perpetual license with free updates for life (called a passport) cost $480 and unlocks the ability to render animations up to 4k and and an expanded content library.
Find out more on the D5 render website.