Houdini 18.5 sneak peek
SideFX has released a sneak peek video of features we can expect in Houdini 18.5 due out on October 15. Some of the highlights include
- A live bridge between Unity and Houdini vi session sync.
- BSP brush support in Houdini Engine for Unreal, plus PDG, World Composition support and auto-streaming tiles.
- A new services systems for faster task completion.
- Comprehensive performance monitoring.
- A Shotgun asset publishing tool .
- Topo transfer with a conformal mesh solver.
- Attribute from Pieces SOP that provides a new method to create common attribute patterns.
- Chain Sop for quickly instancing geometry along a path.
- Interactive physics brushes for Vellum cloth.
- Several Vellum fabric types ready to use.
- Faster viscous FLIP fluids.
- Interactive Pyro, a GPU accelerated minimal solver for fast prototyping.
- Pyro Burst Source SOP, a new method for sourcing and shaping complex explosions.
- Pyro rt Trail Path SOP, an artist-friendly way to shape complex explosion trails.
- New Pyro tools and shaders plus ready to use sample files.
- Mask By Feature SOP that can create a mask from geometry, shadows, AO and more.
- Scatter and Align SOP, a high-level instancing toolset.
- Solaris Render Snapshots.
- Click to target progressive rendering in Karma.
- Physical lens shaders in Karma.
- KineFX, a new foundation for procedural SOP rigging and retargeting.
Watch the preview on Vimeo.
Source: Jonathan De Blok, Trono