Unity 2017.1 released
Jul 12, 2017 by CGPress Staff
New features of Unity Technologies real-time game engine include:
- Timeline, a new multi-track sequencing tool for the creation of cinematics, short films and cut-scenes
- Cinemachine, a suite of smart cameras to automate the process of creating camera animations.
- Live-Op Analytics, data-driven live operations that offer creators analytics to see how an audience is interacting with a project. Adjustments that cater to their habits can be made in real time without redeploying a new version.
- Asset Bundle Browser, a tool that enables you to view and edit the configuration of Asset Bundles for their Unity project.
- Improved post processing stack that includes a complete set of image and camera effects into a single post-process pipeline.
- 2D Sprite Atlas, a new asset that will replace the Sprite Packer. It brings new workflows that give users more control for packing sprites and using them at runtime.
- Sprite Masks, used to either hide or reveal parts of a Sprite or group of Sprites in world space.
- Improvements to the animation keyframing workflow.
- FBX improvements. The importer is now able to read visibility properties, compute weighted normals, compensate segments scale, and import lights and cameras.
- Progressive Lightmapper now supports baked LODs.