3ds Max 2022.2 released with revamped UVs, smart extrude enhancements, and performance improvements
Sep 22, 2021 by CGPress Staff
Autodesk has released the latest update for 3ds Max. New features and improvements of version 2022.2 include:
- File save performance has been improved with promises that they’ll save twice as fast on average than in previous versions.
- The integration of Unfold3d with improved peel, relax and packing. Unfold3D is now the default algorithm used for Max’s peel operations.
- The Unwrap UVW modifier gains several performance boosts that improve the threading and overall processing of the modifier. The Unwrap UVW modifier can now be applied up to 8.5 times faster, while the Edit UV window will open up to 2.5 times faster. Users will also experience a faster selection and manipulation of UV data in the Edit UV window
- Big improvements to Smart Extrude allows it to perform multiple “partial” cut-through operations on Editable Poly objects in just one action. When performing an inward or outward Smart Extrude operation, results that partially overlap other existing poly surfaces will be added or subtracted, and then cleanly stitched together along the intersection.
- Support for the full range of pressure sensitivity that is offered by a pen tablet device.
- The Symmetry modifier’s welding algorithms have been updated to provide more predictable results by finding matching pair vertices on the mirrored surface. The tolerance threshold now enables welding to solve across all open gaps along the symmetry line by looking for all matching pairs of open edges within the tolerance distance.
- USD for 3ds Max now supports exporting animation data such as node transform animations and vertex animation cache. It also includes improved performance for exporting mesh and scene data and enhanced support for exporting/importing Photometric Lights and cameras. USDView is also now shipped with its required dependencies.