Autodesk announces Flame 2016
Apr 13, 2015 by CGP Staff
New features in Autodesk’s finishing, visual effects and color grading application include:
- New look development tools
- Lightbox – an interactive GPU shader toolkit for 3D color correction.
- Matchbox in Action – applies fast, interactive Matchbox shaders to texture maps/textures for image treatments without leaving the 3D compositing scene.
- Color Management Workflow Enhancements
- Tighter Shotgun integration – easily send shots to other apps/exchange formats, share content for review/approval and load Shotgun projects into Flame.
- Flame desktop enhancements
- Interactive performance enables artists to work faster – new method to handle proxies in players; faster indirect module creation in action; and new foreground export.
- Improvements to the Batch Workflow – MUX-node links are semi-transparent and links in batch setups are more articulated; easier access to operational information with image generators and basic operators; better handle inputs with different bit depths.