UNIGINE 2.7.3 released
A new version of UNIGINE, a real-time engine that emphasises features for engineering industries as well as entertainment, has been released with several significant improvements. New features in version 2.7.3 include:
- Properties system upgrade: support for arrays and complex data structures
- Component system evolution: improved performance, multi-threading, SDK Browser integration
- Improved refraction for glass
- Screen-Space Dirt effects
- Improved sky rendering
- Extended IG application template
- Improved import of textures
- Experimental road tool (WorldSplineGraph system)
Many more features are included in this version, you can read more about them on the developer’s blog.
Three licensing options are available for UNIGINE, each with additional features depending on the industry. Engineering licenses cost $9985, and sim licenses are available on request. This update sees updates to the entertainment licenses though which has changed from a $1495 annual subscription to to $83 per month (with a minimum period of 12 months, so effectively it’s a price reduction to $996 per year).
A free trial is available. Find out more about UNIGINE on its website.