ZBrush 2019 released
Pixologic has announced the release of ZBrush 2019, a significant update that adds several new features including:
- Folders are now available, allowing users to group and organise SubTools. Actions like Scale, Rotate, Duplicate, Delete, Hide/Show PolyPaint, Live Boolean and more can be applied to an entire folder.
- A new Universal Camera that enables the user to match the focal length of imported photographs and 3D renders. Is is also possible to export or import the ZBrush camera settings for use in other 3D applications.
- A new Non-Photorealistic Renderer to create 2D drawing and illustration effects.
- Snapshot3D, an updated version of Spotlight, that retains the original features and allows the user to convert any grayscale image into a 3D model. Source images can be modified or combined through Boolean-type addition or subtraction to create complex 3D shapes.
- Updated ZRemesher with several improvements including better preservation of sharp angles and more efficient topology.
- A new plugin called Intersection Maker that allows the user to generate masks where subtools intersect.
- A new plugin called ZColor that allows the user to manage and share colour palettes.
ZBrush is available under a perpetual licensing scheme for $895.00. This release also sees the addition of subscription-based licensing at $39.95 a month or $179.95 for 6 months. The update is free for current users.
To find out more, visit the Pixologic website.