Bforartists 1.0 released
Bforartists (Be for Artists) 1.0 has been released. The project aims to make Blender more user friendly through an improved and updated UX. According to the developers the main differences between Blender and bforartists are as follows:
- A brand new Keymap with Left Click select, which is reduced to just the necessary hotkeys.
- Cleaned up User Interface. More than 600 not necessary double menu entries removed.
- Extended User Interface. Close to 100 formerly hotkey only tools have a menu entry now.
- Rearranged User Interface. Some things are better accessible now, some are not so much in the way anymore.
- Over 700 new native icons.
- The posibility to have pure icon Buttons in more than one area, to reduce the scrolling and speed up work. In the tool shelf for example.
- A user configurable Toolbar with icon buttons.
- Improved Layouts.
- Improved Tooltips.
- Better readable standard theme.
- Some new addons to improve usability, like the reset 3D View addon or the Important Hotkey addon.
Extended material library.
- Documentation is PDF based and fully text searchable
- Many more small details.