3DF Zephyr 3.0 is out
Nov 11, 2016 by CGP Staff
New features in 3Dflow’s image-based modeling software include:
- Faster global structure from motion pipeline (all versions) – the structure from motion reconstruction engine has been updated, providing faster accurate sparse point cloud reconstructions
- Mesh photoconsistent optimization (all versions) – extracts more details when reconstructing a mesh
- Laser scan format support with global bundle adjustment for scans alignment – starting with Faro’s .fls and .fws file formats, you will be able to view these native formats directly inside Zephyr (all versions) or even import them as unstructured objects in your workspace (Pro and Aerial only)
- Manual and automated polyline extraction (Aerial only) – quickly and easily generate drawing elements (and export them in .dxf format) either manually by drawing them on pictures or by letting Zephyr do the work for you
- Multi ICP registration (Pro and Aerial only) – automatically and easily register your point cloud scans inside Zephyr with the Multi ICP registration algorithm. You can color laser scan point clouds directly inside Zephyr and v3.0 makes this process much easier and allows you to make any point cloud structured if a photogrammetry point cloud has been generated: when this is done, you can also use any other tool on those structured point clouds, such as mesh generation, contour line generation, and everything else Zephyr can offer.