Maya 2016 features improved Bifrost, optimized rig evaluation
Autodesk has announced the features of Maya 2016, which include improved Bifrost capabilities, faster rig playback and manipulation and new sculpting tools. Read on for the list of new features:
- Improved animation performance with a parallel evaluation system takes advantage of the CPU and GPU to increase the speed of both playback and character rig manipulation.
- New look and feel, with an updated Hypershade improve ease of use and artist workflows.
- New capabilities in Bifrost, including adaptive foam, guided
simulations, Aero solver to create atmospheric effects such as smoke
- Delta Mush deformer – deformation results are closer to original geometry.
- New sculpting toolset
- Faster, easier-to-use XGen – updated workflow, presets,
sculpting, and preview.
Adaptive Foam in Bifrost
Guided Simulations in Bifrost
Adaptive Aero Solver in Bifrost
New Sculpting Toolset
Look Development Enhancements, New Look & Feel
Delta Mush Deformer