Maya 2020.2 update features announced
May 29, 2020 by CGPress Staff
Autodesk has updated its documentation for Maya 2020.2 revealing the latest features. These include:
- A preserve UVs option in the Target Weld tool.
- A vertical splitter bar in Outliner.
- The ability to create and reserve the namespace for a reference even if you do not load the reference itself.
- The ability to create sets easily with a new Outliner Sets contextual menu.
- The ability to run Viewport 2.0 in OpenGL mode on a remote desktop.
- Updated Substance plugin with new scripting commands, an upgraded user interface, bug fixes, and improved interoperability with Maya and other Substance programs.
- Updated Bifrost extension with several bug fixes
- Updated Arnold for Maya plugin with the ability to export Arnold scene data in USD format, optimizations to aiStandIn, faster performance when rendering swatches, and improved rendering of aiVolume.
Find out more in the Maya documentation.