Substance Designer 2020.2 update
Oct 12, 2020 by CGPress Staff
Adobe has announced the latest version of Substance Designer. Version 2020.2 includes the following features:
- The Engine is updated to version 8, with several features and improvements.
- Default values for input images.
- New distance modes which change the way the computation is done. The original mode computes a straight line distance between points in Euclidean geometry the Manhattan mode calculates the distance between points but constrained on a grid, similar to city blocks; and the Chebyshev method calculates the maximum distance from the difference of two points on a uniform sized grid.
- New gradient interpolation smooth more to interpolate keys which produces much more natural transitions of colours.
- An improved Curve node that can now directly output a grayscale image.
- An improved workflow for exposing and editing parameters to make it more straightforward
- Improved icon configuration for Substance graph
- Improved Performance
- New Threshold filter that allows the user to quickly isolate as a black and white mask some part of an image based on a grayscale input. This is similar in practice to the already existing Histogram Scan filter, but more convenient to use on a day to day basis.
- New Cross Section filter that can visualise the shape of a grayscale input as a profile, making creating heightmap and shapes much easier.
- Improved Tile Generator and Tile Sampler
- Iray updated to version 2020.1.0 which adds the support for Ampere GPU by Nvidia.
Find out more on the Adobe blog.