Unreal Studio 4.21 released
Epic Games has released a new version of Unreal Studio, it’s suite of tools to simplify the importing of scenes from CAD and DCC applications. New features of version 4.21 include:
- A new plugin for Revit, enabling architects to transfer files directly to Unreal without the need to go through an intermediary DCC app like 3DS Max.
- Improve material translation from 3DS Max including better BRDF matching from V-Ray materials and support for many common map types. Graphs are also now easier to understand and edit.
- Jacketing and Defeaturing tools which automatically hide or remove unseen elements and removes unnecessary details in a few clicks.
- Pixel Streaming which lets you host Unreal Engine content in the cloud and stream the viewport to a web browser.
- A new multi-user viewer template for collaborative reviews.
- Many new and improved features for synchronizing live-action and CG elements
- Support for more formats including DWG, Alias Wire, VRED and DELTAGON.
Unreal Studio is currently in an open beta until September 2019. Find out more about the latest version on the Unreal Engine blog.