V-Ray 5, Beta 2 now available
Chaos Group has announced the latest version of the V-Ray 5 beta. New features and improvements in beta 2 include:
- Light path expressions support through mode of VRayLightSelect
- RGB primaries override for VRayBitmap option in the Color management
- Implemented blue-noise optimization for the DMC sampler
- Support for Environment and Self Illumination contribution for VRayLightSelect in V-Ray GPU
- Map rotation parameter for VRayNormalMap
- EV parameter in VRayPhysicalCamera
- VRayProxy now supports common particle interface (IParticleObjExt) for Alembic that can be used with VRayInstancer and Phoenix FD
- VRaySun gets the new “Improved” Sky model
- VRayVolumeGrid gaines Velocity streamline previews
- Several improvements to the new VFB including Background color correction, Filmic tonemap color correction, image search in the History based on the saved scene name and note text, solo button Alt+mouse click enables only one light and toggles all the rest in LightMix, Special element “Rest” in LightMix that includes everything not in the other elements, support for rendering without a memory frame buffer, and undo for Layers actions.
- the .vrscene exporter now has the option to export only selected nodes
- The V-Ray scene converter now includes a converter for Physical Material to VRayMtl.
As you would imagine, most of the headline features were already announced in beta 1, which you can read more about here. Find out more about the V-Ray 5 beta on the Chaos Group website.