ZBrushCore 2021 released with many new features
Pixologic has announced the release of ZBrushCore 2021, its cut down version of ZBrush. This release sees the addition of several new features that make it a much more attractive offering for artists not ready to commit to its grown-up counterpart. New features of particular note include:
- ZRemesher for automatically creating new topology with clean edge loops and polygon flow.
- MicroPoly which allows artists to replace polygons with instanced geometry. You could, for example, use it to create real fabric geometry or chainmail
- Dynamic Subdivision that allows users to smooth models without dividing polygons and see the end result at a high resolution while the brushes operate on the low-resolution mesh.
- Support for Image3D GIF and Image3D PNG formats.
- The ability to import from Sculptris and the addition of Sculptris Pro to ZBrushCore allowing users to dynamically tesselate the model while sculpting.
- A new Camview gizmo so you can see which view you are using and change angles easily.
- A real-time silhouette view mode.
- A new folder system that also allows you to perform batch actions on multiple meshes.
- The addition of a Universal Camera that allows artists to use real-world camera settings to match photographs. It is also possible to import and export camera settings and use them in other 3D applications.
- Zeezoo animal mannequins to give artists a head start when posing a new creature
- plus much more.
ZBrushCore costs $9.95 per month for rental or $179.95 for a perpetual license. Find on more on the ZBrushCore website.