Adobe releases Creative Cloud 2017
Nov 07, 2016 by CGP Staff
Adobe has made available a new update to its Creative Cloud tools. New features include:
- Team Projects – a hosted collaboration service that allows editors and motion graphics artists to work simultaneously in shared sequences and compositions with features like version control and conflict resolution built into the CC 2017 versions of Premiere, After Effects and Adobe Prelude.
- Photoshop adds a search tool (quickly search Photoshop tools, panels, menus, etc.), enhanced Properties panel, support for SVG color fonts, Typekit Marketplace (allows you to buy fonts from Photoshop), performance improvements, etc.
- Refined Lumetri Color tools in Premiere Pro now include an improved color picker when working with HSL secondaries, offering access to color correction and Look design tools. Premiere Pro also supports HDR10 metadata for editing and delivering HDR10 for new HDR-enabled TVs and displays, plus expanded support for color space metadata, providing greater precision for delivering brilliant imagery.
- The new 3D rendering engine in After Effects enables users to work more interactively with 3D content. The new fully integrated Cinerender technology from Maxon delivers improved 3D CPU rendering in After Effects, allowing artists to create editable 3D elements, including extruded text and shape layers.
- Building on the Virtual Reality workflow introduced earlier this year in Premiere Pro, users can work with stitched equi-rectangular video to show field-of-view so you can replicate viewing experiences while you edit your content. Added to this release, is the new auto-aware VR, which detects whether your media is monoscopic, stereoscopic over/under or stereoscopic left/right and automatically applies preferences for the correct viewing environment. Premiere Pro also exports correctly tagged VR files so that VR-capable video players, such as YouTube, can play the media.
- Performance improvements with real-time playback of source footage for VFX and motion graphics in a new After Effects video preview architecture lets users play raw footage in real-time, eliminating the need to cache before previewing footage. GPU-accelerated effects enable faster rendering of compositions, and enhancements to Dynamic Link between Premiere Pro and After Effects enable an overall faster workflow.
- Faster and easier puppet creation and animation comes to Character Animator CC (beta) when working in the application and with other Creative Cloud apps with a faster round-trip functionality between Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Live Text Templates allows users to include rich dynamic graphics designed in After Effects with their video content in Premiere Pro, including the ability to edit text within those graphics, without requiring the editor to work directly inside After Effects.
- Better Captions and subtitles in Premiere Pro.
- New and improved audio effects in Premiere Pro provide higher quality sound processing and improved fidelity from Adobe Audition.
- Premiere Pro adds support for Native QT DNxHD / DNxHR on windows.