FinalRender 4 released with spectral based CPU/GPU rendering
Sep 19, 2017 by CGPress Staff
Cebas has released FinalRender 4, with a completely overhauled core that uses spectral wavelength simulation to recreate optical effects they claim are impossible for ray-trace based renderers. New features include:
- Hybrid CPU and GPU rendering with give the same results, have the same feature set, and can be used simultaneously.
- Spectral-based Rendering to simulate effects such as diffraction, dispersion, absorption, iridescence and interference accurately.
- Support for 3DS Max’s standard lights as well as a new multithreaded IES light object.
- One-click 360 panoramas.
- A scene converter to translate V-Ray and Mental Ray scenes to FinalRender.
- Forest Pack Pro support.
- A dedicated car paint material.
- Plus much more.