FumeFX 5.0 released
Mar 19, 2018 by CGPress Staff
Sitni Sati has announced a new version of FumeFX, its fluid dynamics plugin for 3DS Max. Version 5.0, introduces workflow improvements, a redesigned core and several new features including the following. Workflow
- FumeFX GPU accelerated display has been integrated within the 3DS Max viewport, including volumetric shadows, proper geometry occlusion and instant shader feedback. (supports 3DS Max 2016 and newer)
- Data preview has been changed to allow users to choose voxel display size.
- A new FumeFX toolbar has been added that provides access to FumeFX and source creation as well as simulation control.
- A new conservative advection type that can create fluid flows that minimize numerical losses even after 900 frames of animation.
- A simulation core redesign that enables the use of complex geometry instead of using proxies without breaking the solver or causing instabilities.
- Smooth retiming regardless of simulation sub-steps and retiming scale factor.
- Up to 20% faster simulation (depending on the scene setup)
- Ability to retime simulation during the Wavelet Turbulence pass.
- Vorticity II optimizations include faster calculations and lower memory requirements.
- Improved simulation scaling. Grids of different spacing will result in similar simulations.
- Improved scaling with CPU cores used in the simulation.
- A new lossy .fxd compression that allows per-channel compression quality and mixing of lossless and lossy channels inside the same cache file.
- Multithreaded .fxd I/O for ultra-fast caches saving and loading.
- Load caches at user-defined reduced resolution giving users easier viewport manipulation and rendering setup.
- Minimize grid during the cache saving produces smaller files that save faster and render faster.
- The ability to write OpenVDB caches in a form that makes them easily readable inside the Arnold Volume Grid, Redshift grid and Houdini. The FumeFX vdb cache will be correctly positioned.
- Various OpenVDB caches optimizations and fixes.
- Gridless Advection allows usage of exported velocities or 3D texture to create additional detail.
- Direct rendering support with Corona renderer.