Unity 2017.2 now available with new 2D tools and AR integration
Oct 13, 2017 by CGPress Staff
Unity version 2017.2 is now available, bringing a number of improvements for creating 2D and augmented reality experiences. Significant new features include:
- New 2D tools, including a new 2D tilemap feature and Cinemachine for 2D which adds the ability to create procedural cameras.
- Improved support for mixed reality platforms including Windows Mixed Reality, Vuforia, and OpenVR.
- Support for Google ARCore SDK and Apple ARKIt.
- Improved performance with stereo instancing for PC platforms using DX11 and video asynchronous reprojection for Google VR.
- Improved FBX support to add a non-destructive round-tripping workflow between 3DS Max or Maya and Unity.
- In-editor interactive tutorials.
- Plus many minor features, improvements and fixes