Akeytsu 1.0 released
Oct 30, 2017 by CGPress Staff
After several years in beta, Nukeygara has announced the release of Akeytsu, its software that aims to take new and more intuitive approach to character animation and rigging. Main features include:
- The ability to simply click on the skinned mesh of the character to create poses. No need for curve controllers.
- A duo skin feature that provides a two-step skinning process (rigid & soft). This combined with a copy and paste skinning feature and a preset half-skeleton supplied with the software speeds up the skinning workflow.
- Use either IK or FK on the same skeleton. The Akeytsu Solver enables any joint to be animated in FK, while using IK for other parts of the character. An automated Reverse Foot feature can be used in both modes.
- A new keyframe editor, called a Stacker, which reimagines the traditional 2D keyframing X-sheet to fit a 3D workflow. It links keyframes with their relative timing and allows for the rapid adding and removal of keyframes and facilitates cycle creation.
- A Spinner gizmo that allows for fast and easy rotation, translation, reverse foot and IK pole vector control. The Spinner combines, through a simple widget, all the functionalities required to animate while avoiding constant and tedious camera view adjustments to select thin axes on a screen.
- Curveboard provides an integrated view to edit f-curves on a single-screen. Other F-Curve viewing modes are available if the character is animated within its environment or interacting with props.
- A Cyclemaker tool to loop and mirror with only four source keyframes to create complete walk and run cycles.
- FBX Production pipleline.
- Unity and Unreal Engine integration.
- Plus much more.