Corona 1.7 RC1 released
Sep 25, 2017 by CGPress Staff
Render Legion has announced a release candidate of Corona 1.7 for 3DS Max is now available to test for current license owners. Major new features include:
- Up to 8 times faster rendering, thanks to the combination of many speedups including several borrowed from V-Ray in the recent partnership.
- Reduced memory usage, particularly with render elements.
- Corona MatLib, a collection of over 300 ready to use materials
- Dedicated hair shader, plus compatibility with 3DS Max’s native Hair and Fur, Ornatrix and Hair Farm tools.
- Dedicated skin shader.
- CoronaMtl now has a new SSS mode, and dispersion
- Dedicated Corona Camera
- UVW Randomizer
- Bump Converter so that any map can be used as a bump map
- UI improvements for HiDPI monitors