Epic Games has released Twinmotion 2020, the first paid-for release since the acquisition. New features include:
- More realistic lighting and shadows
- More high-quality people and plants
- A new physically based atmospheric sun and sky system
- Area and volumetric lighting
- Improved Depth of Field
- New materials including an X-Ray Material for viewing occluded objects, frosted glass, light-emitting glow, and the ability to use video as a texture.
- A growth slider to view vegetation change over time.
- New scattering tools for populating large areas and improvements to the painting system
- One-click synchronisation with Rhino
- Much more.
Twinmotion’s full price will be $499 for a perpetual license but it is currently on offer for $249. Educators can get it for free and anyone who beta tested Twinmotion 2019 will get a free license of 2020 with updates until Dec 31 2021. Find out more on the Unreal Engine website.